Running Bunn has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Review: Timex Ironman Sleek


So, I've wanted a running watch for ages. As much as Map My Run is brilliant, it's also a bit rubbish. For some reason the GPS tends to cut out quite regularly so I'm never sure what sort of pace I'm doing. Now I have a few regular routes I know roughly where the mile markers are and having a watch with a lap timer is just awesome for that.



I picked the Timex Ironman Sleek partly because it looked nice and partly because it was half price on Amazon. It's waterproof so if you're a swimmer it's perfect. And it lights up too. I love that.

The best feature though, hands down, is the TapScreen technology. So, when you get to the end of a lap (or mile, or km, or whatever you're timing) you don't have to look around for the right button, you just whack the watch and it starts the next lap. Plus, it works as a chronometer telling you whether you've done your lap quicker or slower than your target time for the event. Of course the manual is essential for figuring out that part.

For those of you who want to run a bit further you can set food and drink reminders to keep your energy levels up too. And it stores up to 150 laps worth of workout data too so you can look back at your progress.

Of course it's not as good as a Garmin, but I'm building up to one of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment